Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Better Eating Habits

As you can see in the column, I am presently reading The Family Nutrition Book, by Dr. Sears. There is a wealth of information in the book and I am sorry to say that much of it is new to me. (I slept through public school health class -really, I am NOT exaggerating). When we lived in seminary housing we were surrounded by people who were seemingly consumed with eating organic foods and whole grains. At the time I thought that was nonsense. But, NOW I see that those people were trying to be good stewards of their bodies and live as God intended.

Here are some of the things Paul and I have decided to do:
-Eat more fruits and veggies
-Eat more beans
-Eat less junk food
-Drink less caffeine until we are completely "off" of it
-Give up soda
-Drink more water
-Take more supplements (we already take 7/day)

That is not a complete list, but you get the idea. (Give up soda???!!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, ... maybe I can)

We know that God gave us wonderful foods that are not only healthy, but taste good too! Do you have any recipes you would like to share? Post them as a comment!

No comments: