Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Getting Acquainted

It is my assumption that everything that is worth saying has already been said. Not only that, but it was probably stated more eloquently by someone else. So, why have I created a blog? What can I add to the world? Well, in and of myself, I add nothing. BUT, I believe that God can make something of my musings! It is my fervent prayer that God will use this blog to strengthen and encourage Christian ladies. Also, if someone comes to visit who does not know God, or the work of Jesus Christ - well, I trust that God can use my humble words to teach someone about Himself. This will also be a sort of online journal for me, so just maybe I will benefit more from this endeavor than anyone else!

In our society it seems that the motto is "it's all about me." I admit to being a selfish creature (though God has given me 5 other people in my home to break me of that!), but I desire this blog to give glory to God - and not to myself!

With that said, here is a little about me. I am serious, but not stoic. I have fun, but I am not much of a jokester. I have a great passion to see women mature in their Christianity! I have been married 8 years and my chlidren are 6, 4, 2, and 8 months. I am at a stage of life where I consider myself to be in bloom! I am a new creation in Christ! I have been a Christian for several years. But, I pray that I will daily show more evidence of that change (the Bible calls it "fruit" Matt 7:16-17; Gal. 5:22). The Bible tells Christians to be transformed (Rom 12:1-2) and grow in grace (2 Peter 3:18). I want to be a picture of God's Grace in bloom!!!

My next few blogs will tentatively be about:
  • What I believe about God and the Bible
  • My daughter's 6th birthday (which was last week)
  • Modesty
  • Entertainment

So, check back tomorrow - I plan to write again soon.

No comments: