Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Providence

I do not believe in coincidence or luck. I believe in God's Providence! I want to share a recent example of this in my life, but I need to back up.

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis at age 8, and I have now been on medicine for it for 21 years! During this time I have had good years but more recently bad years. Ever since my first pregnancy almost 7 years ago, I have been getting weaker and weaker. I ask the Dr about my fatigue on every visit and I get the answer that my TSH test is being carefully charted. In the past year, I have doubled my dose, then cut it in half, then raised it little by little - yet nothing helps my symptoms. No one knows more than Paul how debilitating my disease is! He picks up a lot of jobs because my arms are too tired to hold baby any longer, or I cannot hold my whisk to beat the eggs. I write e-mails to my best friend (best girl friend) telling her that I am tired of being sick and tired all the time. I was about to give up...

THEN, Paul started a blog recently. His site has a name that mirrors another (dailyreforming vs. reformingdaily). I stumbled upon Mrs. S's blog and read through several posts (I liked her stuff). Then, wham!, there it was - she takes natural thyroid supplements. I had never heard of such a thing! So, for days I have been researching and tonight I found a terrific site about my disease.
(Click here) I spent hours reading the articles and personal stories. I was sobbing in front of my computer as I read that people are experiencing miraculous results from natural remedies. (And have been since FDA approval in 1938).

I have hope for the first time in years that I may become well again! What a blessing it would be to my family to have a healthy mommy! What a blessing to Paul to have a healthy wife! Oh, to be able to play with the kids again, and be able to stand sunlight, and not wake up with aches and pains, etc! I am very hopeful. You are probably skeptical... But, at this point I think - what have I got to lose?! I am already praying that God will direct my steps to a Dr that will prescribe me a natural drug. Please pray with me, friends, I want to be well!

No comments: