Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Is Coming

Winter is my least favorite season. One of the only pleasures it affords our family is the close study of birds. We have feeders in our yard to attract many varieties: Downy Woodpecker, House Finch, Yellow Finch. Some others we see frequently are: Cardinal, Hairy Woodpecker, Red-Bellied Woodpecker, Northern Flicker, Junco, many types of Sparrow, Titmouse, Mourning Dove, Blue Jay, Cow Bird, Starling/grackle, chickadee, Nuthatch, and some I am forgetting.

During the late spring and summer months we feed hummingbirds.

Living in the country has been great for the kids' nature studies. The two oldest already know most bird names and calls. And, my 2 year old has been singing "chick-a-dee-dee-dee" lately!

No comments: