Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Updates

Thought I would update a few of the posts I have previously made.

First of all: Our change in eating habits is going amazingly well! The kids are eager to try new foods and often like them! We are enjoying feeling better already!

Secondly: I went to my doctor today and he does not want to work with me on natural thyroid treatment (Armour or Westthroid). So, I am going to start looking for a new Dr. I still strongly believe that this is the course of action that I need to take! I need to at least try this alternative treatment! The more I research it, the more promising it becomes.

Thirdly: We had another chaotic worship service, this past Lord's Day. I had to leave the room, as my middle two children were totally out of line. I took them to a back room and I cried for the remainder of the service. And, I prayed begging God to make me patient. Begging God to change them into more obedient children. And, I cried some more. I didn't get to hear any of the sermon. On days like that, I remember why I used to like nursery facilities so much (before I saw the value of family-integration)! It's just frustrating, because I know they can do better! Some weeks they sit without making a peep - is it our breakfast? Is it Sunday School? What makes them so uncontrollable?!

Lastly: Recent blood tests show that my 2 year old, Lydia, most likely has some type of immune deficiency. (Her IGA and IGG were low) We do not know what this means yet. We will go to an immunologist at the very end of May. We will go to St.Louis and make a full day of it... the zoo and a picnic!

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Hi Bethany,
Each time I go on your blog I go a little further back and read. Thus this comment so long after the post was made. Enjoying getting to know your family and a christian woman so far away. I'm in Australia.
Just wanted to encourage you with your children in worship. I know the Pastor's wife is doubly disadvantaged- no dad to keep things in line, and maybe feeling like everyone expects you to be somehow better than everyone else? Unless your congregation is very different to ours most people I'm sure are very patient and understanding. If you have older peole and not many young families (I seem to recall) then that IS a challenge. Take courage from the fact that ut is such a blessing to all be worshipping together and with all mine past this stage - it really does come to an end evantually.
Re asking God to change them into obedient children. Yes, it is by his grace they eventually are changed but I think motherhood is like marriage in this area. We can not change them any more than we can change our partner but we can train that rebellious tendency.We CAN however change ourselves. If mum is firm but relaxed, calling the sabbath and delight they will quickly pick it up. When we break down in tears they either think they have won or we can be emothionally manipulating them. No guilt trip here, just giving a perspective to think on. Prepare your heart for the Lord's day, get everyone plenty of sleep etc and persevere.
"Let us not be weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."
Blessings
Ruby

Bethany W. said...

Ruby,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your thoughts on my need to be firm without crying every Sunday. That will take some work and a lot of prayers!
Bethany