Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Great day!

Like all sensible American's we have cut way back on gas expenses. For us, this has meant combining trips. We live in the country and I am always very eager to go "into town" (doesn't matter what town, any town!). But, we have been scaling back on our travel. We used to make up reasons to go to Wal-Mart, now we try to go only once a week.
Paul has a Pastor's meeting "in town" every Monday, so I took the kids to Wal-Mart for groceries. This is a big deal, because I am so afraid of being alone with the kids in public. What if someone has to pee? What if Baby has a meltdown? What if I have a meltdown? And, all those other what-ifs.
Today, however, was the best trip I have ever had to the store! I had Rebecca push Baby in the umbrella stroller. My two year old rode in the cart seat. And, Nelson (he's 4) walked with me and helped put groceries in the cart. We made a school trip out of it by reading labels and sounding out words. We talked about colors and shapes - whatever was age appropriate to keep each kid busy.
But, I had quite a laugh in the store -
We were just turning to go down an aisle when we saw 2 ladies walking towards us (35-40 in age). Both ladies stared with dropped jaws, one commented "you sure have your hands full." The other said, "Are they all yours?" "Yes." I simply replied. As we walked away Rebecca said, "That was weird, why would she ask if we are all yours?!" I laughed out loud at the precious mind of my girl!
Another funny story, security actually followed me through the first part of the store! No joke, the guy was trying to be incognito! Yes, friends - the homeschooling mother who is crazy enough to drag all four children into Wal-Mart must be a dangerous criminal!
All in all, it was a great trip. We learned a lot, we laughed a lot, and we didn't do anything to bring shame to God or Paul.

No comments: