Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Mercies

I am still searching for a new doctor (or endocrinologist). It is a laborious task. But, thanks to all your prayers, I am feeling a little better today. A very gracious lady in my church made our dinner last night. We had: homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie. The baby enjoyed his servings of potatoes and pumpkin pie. The meal didn't exactly fit our new diet, but it sure was yummy!

School went amazingly well this morning! We had taken a few weeks break, because I was/am so tired. (Read: "I was too impatient to be a good teacher, especially to teach my kindergartner to read.") Today we were back at it - and she did great! She wrote all the words that I dictated with little help from me. This is a HUGE improvement! But, maybe she didn't change. Maybe the change is in me.

I started reading The Three R's, by Ruth Beechick last night. It is a fantastic book and gave me the encouragement to charge right ahead in homeschooling even though we cannot afford fancy curriculum (or any at all, for that matter). This morning at the breakfast table when we got out our Bibles for family worship, Becca said "I am going to be reading along soon."
Great is His faithfulness to me!

No comments: