Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Prayers Needed

This evening my husband discovered that my 2-year-old, Lydia, has a partial rectal prolapse. He was quick to diagnose it, but graphic photos on the internet confirmed it. The illustrations on this link are just drawings, not explicit.

This condition could be caused by many things, including whipworm - which the dog was recently treated for (FYI: not all heartworm meds are created equal! Make sure yours treats heart worm, hook worm, AND whipworm!).

I am asking "Why Lydia?!" She already has this mystery lymph node problem and the mystery immunological problem... now this?! I am NOT ranting at God! I know that He can be trusted! I know He holds all things in His hands! I am just trying to wrap my mind around the idea that my poor, sweet doll has one more thing wrong with her.

I am encouraged in my suffering by John Piper, he is such an eloquent preacher. This sermon on John Bunyan is fantastic! (Be sure to download it, as it is an hour and thirty-one minutes long).

No comments: