Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Salvation - A Resting Place

My Faith Has found a Resting Place,
by Lidie H. Edmunds.

(Verse 1) My faith has found a resting place,
not in device or creed;
I trust the Ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

(Chorus) I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me!

It seems that in most every blog I write I end up stating "it's not worth splitting the church over." There are a lot of things that us Christians can disagree on and still worship together. But, when it comes to salvation - that is a different story! We live in a society that is always saying that you should do "what works for you." Or, we hear that all faiths lead to the same God. I do not agree with either of these statements.

First of all, I believe that Jesus Christ is the sinless Son of God and that only He can issue to us salvation! (John 14:6) Only through the sacrifice of His blood can we be saved. "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Heb 9:22 KJV) It is because of the precious blood of Jesus that we can be forgiven of sins and cleansed from all unrighteousness! I am not going to put all the Scriptures that relate to this topic, because that would require quoting most of the Old and New Testaments! But, I will tell you that the book of Hebrews (especially chapters 9-13) speaks strongly of the blood of Jesus! Here is just one example: "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus" (Heb 10:19 KJV). It is because of the blood of Jesus that we can approach the throne of Grace with confidence! This is huge! Without Jesus, God would hate to look upon our wretched sinful beings!

I love creeds, my favorite is the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. It states all the promises of Scripture in such beautiful language! BUT, this confession is NOT my hope for salvation. The confession points me to the Bible which tells me of the One who IS my salvation!

If you do not know about this Jesus that I speak of - PLEASE e-mail me. I want to tell you about Him. Let me share with you how He wants to be your Savior too! Are you trusting in your good works to save you? That's not enough! Are you hoping that if you follow most of the commandments most of the time that you will go to heaven? That isn't enough! Are you trusting in a creed to save you? That's not enough!

(Verse 3 of the song above)
My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior's Name,
Salvation through His blood.
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me!

No comments: