Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcome to my home

The other day I was moved to thinking about my language and attitude in my blogs...
1- Am I kind and loving?
2- Am I tearing down the Church or building it up?
3- Is what I write God-honoring?
4- Am I telling people how they can have a personal relationship with the Creator of the Universe?
5- Where can I improve?

If you are new to Grace in Bloom, welcome! My intention in blogging is to encourage believers (I tend to focus more on ladies, but I welcome gentlemen too). I tend to be strong-willed and I have strong opinions. But, it is NOT my intention that every christian should model themselves after me! When I pose deep thoughts and questions (which is nearly every post) I do not want to make a bunch of disciples of Bethany! In fact, sometimes I lament that my tedious questions may take the focus off of Jesus.

There are so many things that we Christians CAN and WILL disagree on! But, we need to be able to agree on how we answer the question, "What must I do to be saved?" I have already touched on this topic in my post Salvation - A Resting Place. I do not want people to come here and get bogged down by new ideas/concepts. I want to stir your minds to thinking in a new direction, but I admit that I am human and prone to error. I have changed SO much in the past 8 years (that is how long I have been married). But, there is always a chance that my strong opinions will change again in the coming years, because I am ALWAYS re-examining why I do what I do!

This blog is mostly me thinking out loud... it is like a diary of my own spiritual journey. I love blogging, but I often forget how big my audience can be... not all of you are in agreement with me on many of my pet issues (Bible versions, birth control, and entertainment - to name a few). That's ok! I recently gave my family a link to my blog and that has really caused me to rethink my posting habits! I am not ashamed or afraid of who I am, but when I am in family circles I keep silent about the more controversial issues. I do not want to be taken as being contentious! But, here, in print... well, it's like my alter ego takes over. Outspoken, bold, controversial Bethany W takes over.

To my extended family - I love you. I hope that you will not role your eyes and write me off as some whacko on "the other side of the family." I know that many of you are just here for the pictures and the updates on our little Lydia. I welcome you! And, precious family, if you do not personally know Jesus as your Saviour, if you are not confident that you will go to heaven when you die - please, let me share with you how to know God for yourself! Do not let my strong opinions scare you - I am a rather unusual person, I admit it. But, I humbly ask that you do read the Scriptures that I reference and see if there may be any grounds for my oddities. My family may always call me or write me with questions, concerns, or comments.

To my new visitors that I haven't met - Welcome! I hope that you read some things here that peak your interest (not interest in me, but interest in God and the Scriptures). If you, new friend, do not know Jesus as your Saviour - please, ask me anything you want. You can e-mail me at flutefelicity@aol.com . This site focuses more on people who are already saved, but I still have a desire to say things that can help people learn more about God to become saved.

Thank you for reading this lengthy (and somewhat unusual) post. I hope this helps you to know who I am and what I am all about.

No comments: