Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, May 2, 2008

More great news... I think

We just got the call that Lydia does NOT have Cystic Fibrosis. This is good news! However, she is still weak, frail, tiny, and her hair falls out...

I already posted about being cancer free here.

Now, are you wondering how I "held up?" I did ok... I only had two fighting-back-tears moments. The first was when they classified Lydia as "failure to thrive." The second was when we first arrived at the oncologist and they gave us a business card saying, "You need this for our after hours number." I didn't want to think of after hour cancer emergencies. But, I kept my composure - UNTIL I went to the grocery store on the way home from the hospital. I went to pick up an enormous order of meat from the meat counter, only my order wasn't ready yet. (There was a HUGE meat sale and we stocked up. Praise God for meat sales and my vacuum sealer!) I sat waiting for many minutes fighting tears. Isn't that silly?! It was as if the stress that I had been pushing aside caught hold of me. I am just SO physically and emotionally drained! (That is no excuse for any sin... I am just explaining.)

Where do we go from here? I don't really know. Lydia will see an immunologist in St. Louis at the end of May, and a GI in July (same place).

Thank you for all your prayers!

2 comments:

slavik said...

GLORY TO GOD! Funny story with the meat sale =). Praise the LORD. Well Hi im Slavik and i was just browsing profiles, always good to talk or see a sister or brother in Christ. Praise God!

Bethany W. said...

Hi Slavik, thanks for stopping by!