Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, May 2, 2008

'Tis a point I long to know

Here's a great poem that I stumbled upon. Paul found it in a tract called The Christian Warfare, printed by The Inheritance Publishers.

'Tis a Point I Long to Know
by John Newton

'Tis a point I long to know, Oft it causes anxious thought;
Do I love the Lord, or no? Am I his, or am I not?

If I love, why am I thus? Why this dull and lifeless frame?
Hardly, sure, can they be worse, Who have never heard his name!

Could my heart so hard remain, Prayer a task and burden prove;
Every trifle give me pain, If I knew a Saviour's love?

When I turn my eyes within, All is dark, and vain, and wild;
Filled with unbelief and sin, Can I deem myself a child?

If I pray, or hear, or read, Sin is mixed with all I do;
You that love the Lord indeed, Tell me, Is it thus with you?

Yet I mourn my stubborn will, Find my sin, a grief, and thrall;
Should I grieve for what I feel, If I did not love at all?

Could I joy his saints to meet, Choose the ways I once abhorred,
Find, at times, the promise sweet, If I did not love the Lord?

Lord decide the doubtful case! Thou who art thy people's sun;
Shine upon thy work of grace, If it be indeed begun.

Let me love thee more and more, If I love at all, I pray;
If I have not loved before, Help me to begin today.

No comments: