Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, May 30, 2008

A trip to Saint Louis


Yesterday we had to go to St. Louis for Lydia to see an Immunologist. We had a morning appointment with Dr. Knutsen at Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. I started getting concerned the night before that the Dr might lecture us on account of our vaccination stance (we no longer vax our kids), but he barely even blinked. He tested Lydia for 48 allergies and she has none that are serious. They drew 8 viles of blood (about the maximum from someone in her weight class), and we will get results for those things in about three weeks. We know nothing else right now. Good news, she has moved up to the 25th percentile in weight!!! Halelujah!

The kids all did amazingly well at the Dr office. My parents followed us to St. Louis to go to the zoo with us and watch the kids at the appointment. BUT, they got lost in the city and never made it to the hospital. Fortunately, the rooms were large enough to accommodate our family. The kids were relatively quiet and patient. Lydia had to lay completely still for 15+ minutes while blotches of allergy testing agent sat on her back. Despite the itching that must have been a result of the histamine that turned her red, she laid VERY still! I am proud of all my kids!

As for the zoo... it was the busiest we have ever seen it. We were all exhausted... but we had a good time.

No comments: