Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Back from vacation

We are back from our vacation. I have bunches of pictures to share, but Blogger is being naughty. I will try to post some pictures later.

Synopsis of our vacation:
-Saturday we went to Chevy's Mexican restaurant in Columbia, MO to celebrate some birthdays.
-Sunday Paul preached at a tiny, country church near Columbia.
-Monday through Wednesday was spent by me in the house cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. I tried to serve my parents-in-law as unto the Lord. Paul spent most days working on farm equipment or working in the field. We were able to bale the hay on Wednesday and get it in the barn that night. (We put up square bales, those are the rectangular bales you sit on at fall bonfires.) I did work in the field along side the men on Wednesday. I set aside my long skirt for a pair of Paul's work jeans. (Never ever wear loose fitting clothes around a tractor!) I worked hard! It felt good to work so hard all week long (indoors or in the field). I loved hauling the hay bales in the fields - it is good to work!
-We got home at 2:30 am on Thursday morning... couldn't wait to get into my own bed!

Overall, it was a great trip. My back does not hurt (save the muscles that I used to throw hay). We will be helping my in laws with lots of work this summer, so we will get ourselves into shape. Did I mention that Paul's Dad, who recently turned 70, was working in the field with us? Wow!

I hope to post pictures soon. Between blogger and storms disrupting our satellite signal, I may not get pics on until tomorrow. Oh - we get to pick raspberries tomorrow am!

No comments: