Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thanking God for the "little" things

Sometimes when we step away from all our modern conveniences we see the little things that we take for granted every day. This is the case in our home since we have not yet turned on the air conditioner. Here is a few things I value more than I have in summers past, some of the "little" things God gives us:

-cool breezes on a hot day
-cooler temperatures at night time
-shade trees
-birds that sing even when it is hot
-a cold basement
-crickets
-popcicles
-a cool compress
-driving with the windows open (also helps get stinky kid smell out of the van!)

Praise the Lord for His glorious creation.