Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Our family is moving

It is official - our family is moving again. We will be moving to Boonville, MO to be closer to Paul's parents. Paul has always wanted to move to be near his family, but I was always very reluctant. I USED to be jealous of his family. He loves them so much and they are all so tight-knit. Honestly, I hated the competition... There was no way that I would ever go there! But, God has changed all that now! Since God's Holy Spirit changed my life, I actually look forward to going to see his family. And, when we visit there I make great efforts to love them and be lovable. (This is no easy task, because I have been so unapproachable for so long.)

Paul put in his resignation at the church last night. He made it clear that he wants to be closer to his family and this is not about moving away from the church... there was a time that that would have been the motive, but not now. He will preach through August 10th, then we will be finished here. We hope to find housing and employment in Boonville soon.

I have said in previous posts that moving used to be a sort of escape for me, that I loved moving because I loved the change. The problem was that the old Bethany I hated so much followed me everywhere! I never could escape myself! As a result we have moved more times that I can count and looked in many corners of the US for contentment. I never could find contentment in a place! I never understood that contentment is only found in a person. God, through His Holy Spirit has granted me more contentment that I could ever dream possible!

I no longer need to move to try to find happiness! We are moving simply because it is the right thing to do! I see this being a permanent move. Sure, there may be changes in renting/buying etc, but I think we will probably stay in the Boonville area forever. I am finally submitting to Paul in this matter of his family.

8 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

Bethany, I'm so excited about what God is doing in you and in your family....praying you'll experience His peace in this time of transition!!

Kerri said...

Wow, Bethany. I am so enjoying reading about your *new* life! It truly gives me hope for myself!!! I wish you the best with your move. I do not like moving. I've done it quite a bit (for different reasons) and am so ready to be in one spot. I am getting antsy as this summer is our second year here at our house, and we usually have moved every 18-24 months. I am praying we stay put :-) But I am happy for you! It looks like it will be a wonderful time for your family.

Blessings,
Kerri

Nan Baker said...

Hallelulja !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(or however it's spelled,lol).
I know how much this will mean not just to you and your husband but your kids as well. Growing up on a farm is a wonderful way to know God in His world. Send some homemade preserves that you and your daughters make (just kidding).
Hugs from southern Oklahoma,
Nan

Bethany W. said...

Kerri,

Sorry it took so long to post your comment, I was away from the computer again. We got home from Missouri at 2 am this morning.

Bethany

Bethany W. said...

Nan,

Homemade preserves... hadn't thought of that! Yummy, that would go well with biscuits made from my own wheat, eggs from my own chickens, and milk from my own cows. (This is all a far off goal, of course.) I am hoping to learn to can my own garden veggies! I am sort of new to living off the land and eating healthy.
I am very new at being a farmer's wife - I have a lot to learn. For example, you are expected to prepare meals for a dozen or so people at some non-descript time, but when they are hungry they want it right then! The Lord is certianly teaching me flexibility through this move!!!

Bethany

Nan in Oklahoma said...

Beth:
A good, basic cookbook is a must!
I prefer BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS; they have a canning section!
I have some good old recipes that my great grandmother used on the farm I can send you, including home made ketchup!
This will be an exciting, fulfilling time for you and your family.
Hugs,
Nan

Bethany W. said...

Nan,
Tnanks again for all your encouragment! I would love ANY recipes for healthy food! This is all so very new to me!
Bethany

The Brown's said...

Bethany-It's been so nice to read and catch up on your blog. It's been such a long time that we've been in touch. Wonderful to see the way God is working in your life!