Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The best dream I ever had

In late September 2008, I had the best dream I have ever had. This is what I remember most.

I was in a large gymnasium (totally unfamiliar to me) with people everywhere. We were all trying to stay warm, we were crowded together. My husband Paul was there with our kids, all dressed in snow suits. Also near me was a my two mentors from my college days, Todd and Gretchen. They were my campus ministers in Springfield, IL. Anyway, we were there talking and Todd pulls out his guitar. We all start singing worship tunes when someone comes running into the gymnasium. He said the weather was clearing up and it was time to leave.
Well, the whole mob of people (some of whom I know, some where unknown) started heading toward the single exit. I remembered that I had taken off my gloves and scarf. I told Paul to go on and wait outside, I would go back alone.
I was one of the last people still in the building when everyone outside starts screaming, it is mayhem! I turn around to look back at the door and everything is in panic. People are yelling and I begin to understand that the world is ending. (Something like the sky is falling). At first, I was terrified -"But, Paul, my babies..." Then, I was among the others running from this terrifying end. Within a few steps I realized, "Paul and the kids are with the Lord. And, I do not need to fear meeting the Lord." I stopped in my tracks looked at the mad mob running towards me and with great peace and inexplicable joy I looked toward the sky and lifted my hands in longing to be united with Jesus. I noticed as I tipped my head upwards that a few others had stopped running and were doing the same thing, awaiting the Lord with their hands in the air.
Then, I woke up.

I cried when I woke up, because I was so happy with the dream, but so sad that it was just a dream. I laid awake for hours thinking about it all... what did it all mean. I still don't know for sure.

But, friend, if the world ends today are you at peace? Do you feel joy when knowing that judgement could be imminent? It could be today, friend.

If you want to know how you can be at peace with God, please, send me an e-mail. And, if you are family or a "real-life" friend I will give you my phone number to call me. Or read my post on the ABCs of becoming a Christian.

For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, "Peace and safety;" then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 1 Thess 5:2-3 (KJV)

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10 (KJV)

No comments: