Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sewing Circle

I am so excited, I was invited to participate in a "sewing circle." One of the ladies at my new church thought to invite me. So, tomorrow afternoon I will take all my kids and turn them loose while I sit around and sew with the ladies! Oh boy! I might get to meet some new gals!

I am really reserved at church, so I don't really know anyone yet. I pray that tomorrow the kids and I will get to meet some new friends. I plan to finish my curtains for the kitchen (cute, red gingham... oh how I love country life!). Then, I am going to play around with some denim from a pair of Paul's old pants. I plan to make it into a skirt for me or Becca - we'll see.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Hey! I'll pray that you meet some great, godly gals at the sewing circle!! This sounds like a fabulous way to get to know people. And it sounds so Beverly Lewis-y. . .;) I would love to try something like that!

Bethany W. said...

Krista, You make me laugh! I don't know about being very "Beverly Lewis-y". I will likely be the only one in a skirt AND we will use machines! But, it will be a good time, to be sure!