Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The doctor I have been praying for!

I have such great news to share today, I found the doctor that I have literally been praying for for years!

Yesterday's appointment with the DO (my first ever with a DO) was an answer to prayer! First of all, I get there and I hear "Holy, Holy, Holy" playing in the waiting room. I began to see that it wasn't a fluke, as it was followed up with many other hymns and praise tunes. All the magazines were clean and family oriented! (no Redbook, Vogue, Sports Illustrated!) And, the kids books were all Bible stories or Max Lucado's stories.

Then, we got into the room (I took Rebecca, as my doctor is a man) he actually listened to me!!! He sat with me, talked to me, and listened to everything I said. I told him that I have been on Synthroid for 22 years and that it isn't working. I told him that I wanted to try a natural thyroid medicine like Armour or Westhroid. He said "I have no problem with that." I literally yelled, "Hallelujah!" (Becca thought that was pretty funny). He wrote me a script right then for a starting dose! We decided that I should wait a few weeks to begin to let the Synthroid work its way out, and to get a blood test without the influence of the Synthroid. He wants me to start the Armour in about 3 weeks.

Praise the Lord! I have been praying for YEARS for a doctor to listen and let me try something natural! I cannot explain how bad my health has gotten in these past few years. I cannot tell you how hard it is to change medicinal doses every 6 weeks! I cannot tell you how hard it is for me to hear a doctor say "You only gained 6 pounds this month, that's not bad." I cannot begin to tell you how frustrated I was to have my previous doctor refuse to try a different medicine, because he was afraid my body might not be able to handle it; then he turned around and nearly killed me by dropping my Synthroid dose too much. (Really, I am not exaggerating!!)

I do NOT put my hope for this life in doctors! But, I do find that this new plan of action brings me great pleasure! My hope for healing comes from the Great Physician!

Friend, do you know Jesus Christ, the Great Physician? The one who heals peoples' bodies, but more importantly heals our sinful hearts? He can bring you joy and peace like you have never experienced! It will not always be easy, it will not always be fun - but there is an eternal reward that outweighs all of our struggles here on Earth!

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Romans 8:18 (KJV)

4 comments:

Steve and Paula said...

That is wonderful Bethany!
Paula

Krista said...

Hallelujah indeed! Praise be to the Great Physician, and for his "hands" on earth! I'll be praying that the transition is smooth for you. . .

Bethany W. said...

Krista,

Thank you for your continued prayers!

Bethany

Joyfulprayz said...

Praise God!!!! This is wonderful!!!