Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Love - it is key

If you have been reading my blog for long, then you know that I am a changed woman from the time this blog began. Every day I realize something new about myself... something that has changed. There were immediate changes, and some that I realized more slowly.

Just this week we were in the van and I asked Paul, "Do you remember how I used to hate everyone and everything?" He answered a hearty "yes," as though how could he forget such a thing. I am amazed at this change! I used to be so irritable all the time. I used to be so easily annoyed at every little thing. I screamed at my kids all day long. This screaming was rooted in my own selfishness! Little annoyances like spilled milk would make me irate.

The day after God changed my heart I called a good friend of mine who knows me better than most people (she lived on the other side of a duplex from us!). Through joyful tears I explained what had happened to me. My exact words were "If I didn't know any better, I would say that I was not even a Christian before, but I am now." There are times that I can look back and see that I was actively serving the Lord, but during these times I was not under the serious refining fires that I am now (meaning I was not married, I had no children, I was not always sick and tired).

I believe that someone who loves the Lord and longs to serve Him will want to spend time reading His Word! I think that if we really love the Lord that we will not make excuses to get out of reading the Bible and praying. Yet, after I got married, and after I had kids I never made time to read my Bible. (Not regularly anyway).

So, what am I saying - I was allowing many things to choke out my love for the Lord like weeds. If I was saved, I certainly had no power to change. And, how is that possible? If the Holy Spirit is in you - there is power!

Still, most shocking is my own lack of love in the former days. I would say "I hate..." about so many things and occasionally people. The Bible makes it clear that if you love God you cannot hate people! (Read I John 2:9, on second thought - read the whole book!) Seriously, I hated everything. I hated my house, my van, my husband (from time to time), my kids (most of the time), my very life (all the time). I am being brutally honest here, because I want to be able to help others! I do not think that all my pain was for nothing! I believe that I am here, on this blog, to tell others my story and tell others HIS story. I want to lead other people to the Lord!

This is a relatively new desire for me. I now pray every day for lost people that I know by name. I pray for the supermarket cashiers, I pray for Taco Bell employees - you get the idea. I love everyone and I want to see everyone in love with the Lord and truly satisfied! My heart breaks for people like never before!
I want to ask you, friend - do you love people? Do you care that people around you are dying and heading to hell?

You may have noticed that the emphasis of this blog has changed of late. I still desire to encourage ladies in their walk with the Lord - that has not changed. But, also, I want to make sure that the Gospel message is presented on my blog clearly. I love my readers, especially the ones who post the nasty comments that never get posted. I hurt when I think that there are other ladies out there feeling like I used to!

If you hate everything, if you hate people, please listen to me. There is a better way to live! You do not have to keep hating life. You do not have to keep yelling at your kids! If you are a professing Christian - God wants better things for you! You are to be the salt of the earth, and a light to the world! (Matthew 5:13) Beg the Lord to forgive you. Beg the Lord to enable you to live better. Here's how (it is not a formula, but it is a starting point) - Jesus says in John 15:4-5 says to Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:4-5 (KJV) We can do nothing without His power enabling us! I firmly believe that the most excellent way to tap into this power (to be the branch off of His vine) is to read the Bible everyday. I cannot tell you how much this can change your life! I cannot state it strongly enough - reading the Bible will cause you to change!

Let these verses encourage you :
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.Heb 4:12-13 (KJV)

You cannot read the Word of God and walk away unchanged, unless you are like the man mentioned in James 1:22-25 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
And, if you get really brave, read the next verse - If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.James 1:26 (KJV)

This is meant to encourage you, not judge you. I am here to help you gain strength for your long journey of faith, not to cripple you! If you have comments or questions, I am here for you. But, I will never be able to answer questions as well as the Bible itself can! I encourage you to go read it now. Not only that, I encourage you to take on something that I have recently - Make reading your Bible such a priority that you would not get on the computer until after you read the Bible!!! I have one friend who mentioned not eating until you have read your Bible. I encourage you to get some type of accountability in this area! Without the Bible we cannot know God.

No comments: