Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Power of Prayer

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." John 14:13-14 (KJV)

I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that prayer changes things. Usually, when I ask for prayer on my blog it is for something VERY important - the salvation of a friend, a suicidal friend, etc. But, today, I am going to ask you all to pray for our family. It is not a matter of life or death. And, please know that the only help I am asking you for is your prayers!

That said, my family is in dire financial need. Our old farm house does not have a wood stove and we are not allowed to put one in. So, we rely entirely upon propane. We have not been able to add to our propane tank since we moved in, and now it sits at 11%. We keep the house at 63-65 (it depends if someone is sick and coughing. When Nelson and Paul get their coughing fits, we turn it up to 65). We were planning to have it filled this morning, but then the car died y-day... and the dryer died last week... and we have to eat -first and foremost. (We do not have insulation either, but we do have 2 little electric radiant heaters).

I am asking that y'all would pray that God's Will will be done! Secondly, I am asking that you would pray for Paul and I as we face these financial challenges. It is so easy to turn on one another and get snippy, just because your up against the wall. We want this time of difficulty to bring us closer! Also, ask God to give us wisdom - that we would know what we can do to ease our own burden (how to freeze dry clothes on the line, how to warm up water on the electric stove, how to best use what few resources we have). Lastly, is this yet one more sign that we need to move to somewhere with wood heat? Is this one more sign that Paul needs another line of work? Today, while the kids nap, we are going to to have a very serious conversation about what this money shortage means to my family.

Friends, please help us carry this heavy load to God. In a sense, we are crippled with this heavy burden of financial needs - will you carry us to Jesus? I will post and tell you how God is answering our prayers!

2 comments:

Gretchen Magruder said...

praying for you today, Bethany!

Azalea Lilac said...

Thoughts and prayers! The times of need turn into times of blessing as we turn to God!