Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Schooling with Youtube

Homeschoolers have access to so many things on the internet! I am amazed at all the useful things I find when I browse YouTube. This morning we looked at volcanoes. Tomorrow, I plan to show them avalanches. (I am going to stick with catastrophes that do not happen in Missouri, we do not want nightmares).

NEVER LEAVE YOUR KIDS ALONE WITH YOUTUBE!!!!! Be very, very careful! (Watch out for nudity and obscene language. In addition, you will find that most science videos make reference to "millions of years.")

Anyway, I wanted to let you know about the 7 Days in a Week song. It may drive you crazy, but your kids will love it and the tune is catchy.

Also, look at her video about US coins. Very catchy, very helpful.

Go take a peek.

No comments: