Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Health update

Here is an update on my health:

I am very happy to report that I am eating some solid foods now! I ate a baked potato for lunch today (with cheese, and sour cream... yummy)!

It is great to be able to eat again - but here is something even better...
I AM OFF CAFFEINE!!!!!!

One of my goals for January was to get off caffeine, because I was truly addicted to it! I don't know how I ever could have given up such a vice on my own... it took a serious kind of intervention to pull it off (though I do not recommend ER visits and 3-4 days without solid foods to everyone!) Also, as I said before, God has truly showed me (again and again) how much my god is my belly! I hope that I can carry this valuable lesson with me as my ability to eat is completely returned!

My next post will begin my series on words/titles that are important to understanding salvation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. We were out of town so I was just catching up with things when I read how you got 'the crud' so bad. Is that what they finally decided you had? The stuff that's all the rage going around? I hope no one else in your family has such an episode!

-Mrs. B

Bethany W. said...

Mrs. B,

There were a lot of people in the ER with similar symptoms - only without the horrible cramping. But, I have not been around anyone sick, I wash my hands a lot, and no one else in my family got it. I am pretty certain it was a batch of bad deli meat (another thing that I was planning to give up this year... how ironic!)

Aside from that, my visit to the ER (complete with CT scan) is likely to cost well over $5000... I refuse to think I went there just for a virus. Humor me... it was food poisoning. Better yet, it could have been something worse (like appendicitis) and God healed me. Yeah - I like the sound of that better.

;)
Bethany

Ruby said...

$5,000 is HUGE! More in Aussie dollars! We have a struggling, but still free public health system which has been a blessing a number of times in emergency. Will pray the Lord will provide this money, Bethany. What does it cost to have a baby in the US if one has to go to hospital.
Ruby

Bethany W. said...

Ruby,
Hospitals are sort of laid back about getting their money. I went to the ER in Florida a few years ago for my back pain (the first time it ever "went out.") They did a CT scan, gave me pain meds, and sent me home = 4200. I am still paying $70/month on that one! (That is five years of payments for those of you without a calculator handy).

I have not yet gotten a bill from Sunday's visit, I am guessing at the price - basing it on the Florida charges. Hopefully, this visit will be far less than I have estimated. Our current insurance has a $2500 deductible, so that is (most likely) the amount I will pay.

I have not yet had to pay for childbirth. In the past, our insurance has always covered it.

Bethany