Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, January 12, 2009

I am hungry

God has been showing me some uncomfortable things through this sickness and recent hospital visit.

First, at the hospital, I was tired and sick- but I was super nice to everyone. I prayed constantly and begged God to make me a good witness. God caused me to be kind and patient to the nurses, who were usually neither kind nor patient with me. It was really an act of God that I behaved well, because I was very uncomfortable. I was left shivering, and tied to an IV with no call button. I was left alone for at least an hour, when I was needing to urinate most badly. But, all the while, God brought Bible verses to mind.
My point is, that God showed me that I can behave, when I want to. God gave me the strength to be nice. And, He is more than willing to do the same thing at home (to be a good witness to my kids) when I am tired and uncomfortable. It is about me choosing to behave or be lazy!

Also, I am still supposed to be on a clear liquids diet, but I am so hungry. I am not used to being so hungry. I typically drink sodas and snack between meals. But, today no sodas and no snacks. I am so hungry. I think that this has, in part, been a way for God to show me how much I am putting my stomach first. I am not sure I have learned this lesson very well yet... because I am still thinking about how hungry I am... and Paul is eating yummy smelling nachos... oh, I am so hungry.

If only I could hunger after the Word of God in such a manner!
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6 (KJV)

No comments: