Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Before Breakfast - Step 1

Before the little ones got up this morning I got some work done. This is the kitchen wallpaper before I peeled it. It was in bad condition. That green paint is one of my paint samples (not the one I will be using).
I think it looked better After I peeled the paper. I was able to use a vinegar and hot water solution! So, no chemicals in the air to induce an asthma attack.

Rebecca and Nelson helped a little too. Seriously, they really did help. It would have taken me much longer to finish the job alone.

Now - what's for breakfast?

3 comments:

Ante Family Agrarians said...

I love projects, and the beaded boarded I love!!
Whatcha planning on doing. It would be so beautiful if you painted it two different shades of green, and then put up a rail to divide the beadboard from the dry wall. It would be really easy to do. Just buy the pre-made stuff, paint it white, and then attach it to the wall using a calk gun, and really good glue for wood. Then there you have it a whole new wall with a cottage touch of beadboard.
Peace, Kris
I looking forward to seeing more redo's...lol!
My head is spinning with ideas just looking at your kitchen. hahaha

Bethany W. said...

Kris,

I am planning to do pale green on top and white bead board. We will have a white chair rail, as a divider. I hope it turns out as well as I see it in my head! I am going for country-cottage-Springtime-year-round-wish-I-lived-at-the-ocean-clean-and breezy... you think I can pull that off?

Bethany

Ante Family Agrarians said...

Absolutely!!! I look forward to seeing!
Have fun!
Peace, Kris