Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Moving Right Along

Commence Painting! We are using Wal-Mart Color Place Paint. The shade is Morning Dew. It is drying a darker green than it looks here. The first coat is finished! (Except for the area above and behind the 'fridge. Do you know how heavy those side-by-side fridges are?! I have to wait for Paul to come home and move that for me.
While the white primer dried this afternoon, I worked on the bathroom floor. (This tiny bathroom is our only facility, by the way.)

I would be tempted to leave it as is, and add some dark finish... but, I do not think that stain would cover the putty that fills in the holes. Plus, it really darkens the small area! What would you do?

7 comments:

Ruby said...

Bethany! Is it the new diet? Where are you getting the energy?
You must feel great when a project is finished! Power on!
Ruby
Love the pics. Thanks

Bethany W. said...

New diet? Vitamins? I don't know... but I like it!

Bethany

Ante Family Agrarians said...

Bethany,
With the floor you could tile it for pretty cheap. If you like the hardwood look, my husband suggest using a hand planer, and then sanding it smooth. Then refinishing it with what ever stain you like, and then applying a floor varnish.
If you don't want to use real hard tile, the fake tile that you peel and stick works great. We used it in our bathroom and mudroom in Iowa. It turned out nice, and to cut it to fit around the toilet just use a pencil to trace, and a utility knife.
Hope this helps.
Peace, Kris

Bethany W. said...

Kris,
I like your ideas, but I cannot cover the floor with anything but paint or stain. There is a hole (it does not show in this picture, but you can see it in the other link) in the floor to put our heat lamp in and out.
I would love to tile my kitchen! But, that will have to wait for another day!
Bethany

(Kerri) said...

Bethany,
You have inspired me to put up some paint! I can't believe all the work you have gotten done. WOW! It is looking great too :-)

Kerri

Mama Hen said...

I'll be checking back to see what you decide about the bathroom floor. I have two bedrooms in my house that have the same woodwork and they are in pretty bad shape.

Bethany W. said...

Mama Hen,

I appreciate you stopping by, especially since you have a houseful of sick kids!
Hope you and your husband can fight this virus off! Mass quantities of vitamin C may save you more $30 co-pays!

Bethany