Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Blankets

Last week when our family was very sick, I spent many days washing and re-washing blankets. In fact, I think that I got so severely sick myself because I spent one whole night washing blankets (and I do mean all night!) I mentioned in one post that I needed to buy some more blankets to be better prepared for the future.

Well, yesterday I bought bedding on sale at Wal-Mart! I bought a bed-in-a-bag for the kids queen bed (that Nelson and Becca share) at half price! A bed-in-a-bad includes a comforter, 2 shams (which they don't need), a dust ruffle, and a sheet set! And, I got it all for $25! Then, I bought a huge, soft blanket on sale for $12. I am very pleased with this buy - I do consider it to have been a necessity! Now we are ready for company or for our next Puke Fest, whichever comes first (hopefully company).

In other news, I plan to do some paint touch-ups this coming week (on Paul's days off). I will fix the places where the paint is peeling. Also, this week, I hope to peel the wallpaper trim in the kitchen. Then, next week, I hope to paint my kitchen!!! I have said before that I have a tendency to let decorating/landscaping rule my life. But, with Paul as my accountability partner in this, I am able to be moderate. We want a nice looking home, but we will not be mastered by it!

That said, I will be using a crisp, clean, breezy color palette of white (on the bottom) and a pale bluish green on top. We have already bought small containers to sample. I will be sure to take lots of before and after pics!

No comments: