Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

No rest for the weary

I mentioned yesterday that Joshua has been sick. Last night the girls both came down with it. Rebecca has It at both ends. Both girls are already down to dark yellow bile, and cannot keep even a single sip of 7Up down.

This is the worst sickness I have seen in our family for a long time. I have done my best to keep up with laundry, but I am incapable! I can only do one load at a time (and a small load at that).

I am out of clean blankets. I am out of clean crib sheets. AND, my hot water heater is out of order! This evening we came home from a trip to town (with two kids and carseats needing to be cleaned up) and the hot water is completely running cold. The pilot light is out, and cannot be re-lit. (Paul says we need a new thermo coupler) We cannot get it fixed until tomorrow... some time.

I am praying through this... I am claiming the power of God through His promises in Scripture to give me the strength I need to get through this. The girls have been in bed since 10, and are puking every 15 minutes (all over themselves, never in the can provided). I may not sleep at all tonight.

Please, do not think that I am whining. That is not my intention. To stay up all night and clean their sheets, their faces, and their bottoms is my labor of love to them - and I will do it as unto the Lord!
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. Col 3:23-24 (KJV)
I am very concerned about Lydia. She is only up to 25th percentile weight. In the past her sicknesses have nearly killed her (and I am not exaggerating).

I started writing this at 12:43 am. Before I finished writing, Nelson began puking. That means, I have 4 puking children... no blankets, no hot water, and no sheets. The kids are being real troopers! They are all miserable, of course, but their attitude and speech seems to be accepting of this hard providence.

I am now quite certain that they have RotaVirus, I can tell by the smell. Nelson had Rota when he was 18 months old, and had to be taken to the ER... I will never forget the distinct smell.

I am trusting God for the strength to carry on without sinning. I am trusting God to do with my babies what He deems best.

Please pray for our family. Paul is awake now too, as three of them puking and crying at once was more than I could physically deal with. So far, Paul and I are well... except for my gagging from the smell...

4 comments:

(Kerri) said...

Oh Bethany!!!!! How I wish I could help you! As I was reading I thought this sounded a lot like rotovirus as well. My sisters youngest has it right now too. I will be praying for you. It really seems that God is doing a work in your family. Good things always come out of these trials....mostly new spiritual growth. If there really is anything you can think of for us to do...wether financally or otherwise please, please do not hesitate to write me!

Kerri

April said...

Oh, Bethany, I am so so sorry that you're dealing with this! If only we lived a bit closer I could bring you clean blankets. :o) Please keep us posted and we will continue to pray for a speedy recovery!

Bethany W. said...

Kerri and April,

You are both very sweet.
Keep praying. I am sick too... oh, I gotta run to the bathroom.

Bethany

Ryan and Sandra said...

That's so rotten! Ryan & I will be praying for your whole family today, especially for Lydia to come through it well, you to be able to handle the nastiness of it all with the attitude of Christ, and also we'll pray that Paul either doesn't get it at all or that it doesn't make his back worse to vomit....