Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sping Cleaning Comes Early

Our family seems to be on the mend. The children are all getting back to normal. Most of them have played at least a little today. Baby Joshua still has something going on... still pooping, still no appetite, still not playing, and ever so needy for Mommy. I have not yet regained my strength or color. My face is colored in all the wrong places... my usually pink cheeks are pale, my lips are white with dryness, and my eyes are highlighted with brown rings. I have no appetite yet, but I am drinking plenty of fluids!

Even with my autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's Thyroiditis), it is rare for me to be so very sick twice within a month. I don't usually get sick this often. And, like most grown women, I rarely vomit unless I am pregnant. But, if you are a regular reader, then you know that I went to the ER on January 11, because I was sick with horrible cramping. I mention that visit now, because I got the bill this week. $4,350! Our insurance paid some, so we will be required to pay $2,425. I don't think I will ever go to the ER again, unless I am dying. (And, I only went that time, because I thought I was having an serious issue with one of my internal organs).

Anyway, it looks like spring cleaning will come early this year for our family. I plan to wash all the blankets and comforters and hang them to dry during the next two days of warm temperatures. Today, Paul and I cleaned the van... it was VERY messy! (Both girls puked in the van on Tuesday night.) I enjoyed being outside today. (For those of you unfamiliar with the seasons of the Midwestern United States, spring weather is from late March to May. And, the season of spring is marked with tornadoes. We still have 2 more months of cold weather except for some unseasonable warm days like we expect to have this week).

Paul took a paid day off today, to stay home and take care of me. I was so very sick yesterday that neither one of us thought I would be up and moving today! Paul has been so wonderful through this time of sickness. I feel SO loved... yesterday Paul did SO much work to keep the house going. He did laundry ALL day. He supported me as I walked to the bathroom. I am very glad for all his work, and for his updates on the blog (and posting all the comments).

Thank you readers for your prayers and kind comments.

2 comments:

April said...

I am so glad you are all feeling better! Aren't husbands wonderful? I haven't been near as sick as you, but I felt so loved when Randy did folded the towels this week while I've had bronchitis. I didn't even care if he folded them wrong! lol

I was going to say that if you decide to buy new blankets, now is probably the best time, as they will be going on clearance at many stores to make room for spring merchandise. But you probably already knew that! :o)

Steve and Paula said...

I'm so glad you all are doing better so quickly!
See if your little one will eat a bit of yogurt. It will help stop the intestinal ickies for him.
God Bless,
Paula