Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, March 6, 2009

The cat is still alive

I watched as our friend's F-250 ran over my favorite cat, Rose. I almost fell over in grief. I never knew that I could mourn for a cat! She was not quite one year old, and not yet full grown.

She drug herself off to a flower patch and we said our goodbyes. I pet her and begged God to reconsider. Yes, I even prayed asking God to heal her! I went inside and left Paul to care for the cat. He was watching to see if he should shoot her and put her out of her misery. He started yelling, "Beth, come out here, NOW!" I arrived in time to see Rose (the cat) walking to the hole that leads under the house. We all assumed that she was going off to die. Paul's prayers seemed to be answered (he would not have to shoot her). Last night, Paul went to look for Rose in the crawl space to bury her, but he could not find her.

This morning, the kids were screaming "Mommy, Rosie Posie is here. She's here." I went running, thinking, "If these kids are lying, I will cry more than I did the other day!" But, there she was on my back patio! She has lost some weight and her breathing is labored, but ... She is still alive. She can walk. I am not yet sure if God has given her back to us long-term... but I hope that He has! I love that cat more than I ever thought possible.


6 comments:

April said...

Oh, Bethany, I am so glad your kitty is not gone! I am a total softie for animals...I balled when Randy's cat died last year, and I only knew him for a month (the cat that is...not Randy).

Please keep us posted and let us know how Rosie does!

Sanil Atarah Rivka said...

That is wonderful.

Arthur Sido said...

Seriously, I wondered who the picture was of until you said something. I don't think you have any pics where you aren't wearing your glasses anywhere else.

(BTW, I am a total cat person too)

Bethany W. said...

Arthur,

I think I am one of those people who actually looks better with my glasses on! And, since I really NEED them you will almost never see a pic of me without them.

Beth

The Johansen Family said...

Hello ~ Just came across your lovely blog. Is your kitty still alive? Oh, I hope so!

Bethany W. said...

Johansen family,
Thanks for stopping by!

The kitty is still alive. But, she is not as she used to be. She does not play, jump, and climb. And, she cannot clean herself, so she stinks... but she is alive. And, we love her.

Bethany