Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Homeschool Civics

Yesterday we attended our first home school rally. It was a homeschool civics fieldtrip to the MO capital. Read about the bill we were opposing here.
These are all complete strangers... no one I know.


There was quite a variety of homeschooling families there. It was really neat to see all the support. After the rally we looked around the capital. It has all kinds of nifty exhibits like a museum! The kids enjoyed our time in the capital looking at things, more than our time spent standing on the lawn. We were too far back to hear the speeches.

It is really neat to see immediate results for our labors!

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Thankful that it worked out!
That's an impressive turn out at such short notice, too.

Lynn said...

I've been meaning to pop on by for a while now; came over from Ruby's. It's great to meet you. You have a beautiful family. I hope this pregnancy is going well :)

Brittany Tucker said...

Wow, I never knew so many people were homeschooled or actually believed in homeschooling. Very inspiring.