Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Prayers Needed

I need prayers, my health is getting worse. I have taken the vitamin D supplements for one month now, and I think I do see a positive change in my joint pains. I am able to walk with less pain in my knees. BUT, my upper arm muscle pain has gotten worse. I cannot lift anything! I cannot pour my kids' drinks (because the milk jug is too heavy). I cannot dress myself, Paul pulls clothes over my head. I cannot pull up my hair without great pain. And, I can hardly wash myself in the shower. I went to the doctor this morning (my family doc, a DO) and he put a rush on some labs for me. He is testing my iron, B12, folic acid, sugar, kidney function, and thyroid. He said he will call me tomorrow.
I ask you to pray for these things:
- wisdom for the doctor to interpret the labs
- health and strength for my body
- and MUCH grace to get through this trying time

Paul went back to UPS last Thursday. He is no longer here when the children wake up. You cannot imagine how hard it is for me to get up and care for the children in the morning.

I hate that I cannot take care of my family. I cannot cook. I cannot clean. I cannot do laundry. I have few clean clothes... fewer clean dishes... and no intention of cooking supper. My family needs a miracle. Paul needs help. He needs a helpmeet.

Please, please pray.

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord; and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain; and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the sky poured rain, and the earth produced its fruit. James 5:13-18 (NASB77)

8 comments:

Ruby said...

Oh Bethany...You are constantly in my prayers. May God give you the strength for this day, one day at a time.
Ruby

BTW I get very tired sore muscles in my upper arms and pain in the bones when I eat gluten. Has Celiacs been investigated? Not everyone's symptons are the same. I had no tummy or bowel problems but became very anemic and eventually had a heart attack!

Kimberly said...

I will certainly pray for you. I know what it is like to feel horrible and have the children and Hubby need the Momma and helpmeet.

Holly said...

Praying for you, Bethany!!!

Mama Hen said...

Bethany, I am so truly sorry. I don't know you in person, but for some reason I keep coming back to your blog. I think your family is in for some wonderful experiences in the future and I want to see what they are. I wish I could say something that would make it all better, but I can't so I will pray for you. I will pray that you will be healed and that your family will continue to grow in grace as mine is.

The Pilgrim Pundit said...

Bethany,
We will continue to pray for you. i think I can pray with understanding because of my back troubles. You are not alone. Today my Doc called and said that my surgery will be delayed another month or two because my blood work indicates I need blood pressure med's and they have to sonogram my liver. Seems the opium they give me for pain has caused it to swell alot. That explains the sickness and pain in the stomach. The upside is that they think there might be some sign of a tumor, so the swelling turned out to be a good thing because it allowed them to find it now. Our hope is that it is early enough to treat. I will be telling my wife in the morning.
I understand well your pain and will continue to pray for you.
Our Lord is good and merciful. I am thinking upon that often as I contemplate the future.

Bobbie-Jo said...

Dear sister,

I do pray that you would receive grace in this awful time and that His mercy would be on you. May the doctor have wisdom. May your family be blessed. And may you know His comforting arms.

Amen

Bethany W. said...

Bob,

I am SO sorry that your surgery has been postponed. You are going through so much right now! Paul and I will be praying for you! Please, email us if there is anything else we can pray for!

Bethany

Anonymous said...

As a new reader, I don't know your situation, but I sense you want God's will for your life. Right now, He is allowing this. He is not doing it TO you, but FOR you. He promises to work things out for the GOOD of those who love him and I know you do. Does He want you to stop stiving and rest in Him? So much we can't control. Let your friends and your church family know. They will want to help. You are Paul's helpmeet, but you too need help right now. Accept it without guilt. Maybe all you can do right now is have a little seven year old girl read the Bible to you. Kids can really step up to the plate and help too!
I'll Pray
Elizabizzy1