We had a fun Saturday, celebrating the 4th of July.
- deep fried catfish
- spending the night in a cabin
- swimming in a cold pond... Nelson nearly drowning Rebecca in attempt to stay afloat himself...
- deep woods trail ride in a Polaris Ranger, in which we ran out of gas because the fuel gauge is broken... leaving me and three kids stranded in the woods... one was terrified of being eaten by bears, lions, etc... the other terrified that Daddy would have a heart attack running back to the house for gas... ... then it poured on us... we will laugh about it in a few weeks...
- Paul and Nelson both got to shoot an M-1 rifle (like was used in WW2)
More highlights I thought of after I published the post:
- swarms of humming birds on three feeders
- real banana trees, and they are sprouting... I was promised a sprout when they take it indoors in the fall
We had a great day.