Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun on the Fourth

We had a fun Saturday, celebrating the 4th of July.

Highlights:
- deep fried catfish
- spending the night in a cabin
- swimming in a cold pond... Nelson nearly drowning Rebecca in attempt to stay afloat himself...
- deep woods trail ride in a Polaris Ranger, in which we ran out of gas because the fuel gauge is broken... leaving me and three kids stranded in the woods... one was terrified of being eaten by bears, lions, etc... the other terrified that Daddy would have a heart attack running back to the house for gas... ... then it poured on us... we will laugh about it in a few weeks...
- fireworks
- Paul and Nelson both got to shoot an M-1 rifle (like was used in WW2)

More highlights I thought of after I published the post:
- swarms of humming birds on three feeders
- real banana trees, and they are sprouting... I was promised a sprout when they take it indoors in the fall

We had a great day.

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Ah...the stuff memories are made of.
Happy 4th July to you all.

Mama Hen said...

Well, at least you won't forget it!

Bethany W. said...

I wasn't being sarcastic, we really did have a great time. There were some not-so-fun times mixed in, but overall we had a blast!

Bethany