Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eye Doctor

I took the two big kids to the eye doctor this afternoon.

I am getting new glasses with the same prescription.

Rebecca is far sighted and needs glasses for around the house... especially for reading.

Nelson is the big shocker! He is nearly blind in one eye! He has 20/400 vision in his left eye, AND astigmatism. He has been nearly blind for so long that his eye has become lazy. So, we have to put a patch on him 3 times a day for three months and see if the condition improves. (That, in addition to his new glasses).

I will take pics when we get the new glasses!

I praise God for technology that improves vision!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yep! We spend our fair share of time at the eye doctor too - and do eye therapy at home for some. You'll notice vast improvements in your son once he's wearing glasses; plus he'll be telling you all the stuff he now see's, colors and everything will look different to him! PTL for the invention of eye glasses! Glad to hear that your hubby is back to work and I'm not sure I would want snakes or mice in the house! If I had the choice I'd probably pick snakes.

Mama Hen said...

Oh honey, I feel your pain. I wear contacts and need some more big-time, but we can't afford any at the time. Both my boys are supposed to wear glasses, but one of them broke the frames and we can't buy new ones right now. Hopefully next payday though.

hellokittiemama said...

My daughter also patches and wears glasses -- it came as a big surprise to us also, no sign of it! I run a website dedicated to lazy eye/amblyopia if you'd like to contribute at all just drop me a note www.amblyopiakids.com