Welcome

Welcome! This is where it all began. I no longer post on this website and some of the content reflects former convictions and understandings. Some of these posts are hard core on issues that I am softer on these days. I deleted many posts that I feared would lead people into legalism, so if you find a missing hyperlink that may be why. Our family is no longer "quiver full," I no longer wear a headcovering, and I do not wear skirts/dresses exclusively. These days I write at Covered By His Hand.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Letters to my kids

I had a great idea for how to give my kids a practical reading lesson! I mailed them each a letter!
here is what I wrote to Rebecca, and she was able to read it! (I wrote the return address as Mommy W____)

To Rebecca,

I love you. You are a good girl. You are a good worker! You are a big helper!
You are kind. You love Mom and Dad. You love Lydia, Joshua, and Nelson. You are a good sister.
I love you!

With Love,
From Mommy
I hope that no matter what age your kids are (even if they are quite grown with their own kids!) that you might consider writing them a letter this week to let them know how special they are!

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Great idea.
I've been meaning to comment on your lovely family photo in the side bar. Looking forward to adding the new little fellow!

Transformed from glory to glory said...

Lovely little idea. I will do that for my seven year old daughter today. Thanks for your blog encouragement. The Lord is asking me to read the book of Nehemiah, again, before I go ahead with what HE is laying on my heart...Blessings on the rest of your week, may you go out with joy and be led forth with peace.